Produce 48 was a Korean idol survival show. It was the third season of the annual Mnet program "Produce 101" in collaboration with AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48 and NGT48. The first episode aired on June 25, 2018, at 23:00 Korean time and the last episode aired on August 31, 2018.
In the first episodes, a judging panel evaluated their skills from A to F so they could be trained accordingly to their skill. Viewers (exclusively from Korea) could vote for their top 12 contestants in between episodes and the contestants in the lower ranks would be eliminated. For the final episode, viewers could only vote for one contestant.
The twelve winners formed the group IZ*ONE to promote in both Korea and Japan from September 2018 until April 2021.
In November 2019, it was found out that the producers of the show had tweaked the rankings of the Produce 101 series, including Produce 48. This caused IZ*ONE to go on a hiatus. X1, the group resulting out of the fourth season, disbanded. In February 2020, IZ*ONE resumed activities again as their agencies agreed to continue until the official period is over. In November 2020, it was revealed that the contestants Han Chowon and Lee Kaeun were originally amongst the winners, but it was not revealed which members did not receive enough votes.
- Jang Wonyoung (338,336 votes)
- Miyawaki Sakura (316,105 votes)
- Jo Yuri (294,734 votes)
- Choi Yena (285,385)
- Ahn Yujin (280,487)
- Yabuki Nako (261,788)
- Kwon Eunbi (250,212)
- Kang Hyewon (248,432)
- Honda Hitomi (240,418)
- Kim Chaewon (238,192)
- Kim Minju (227,061)
- Lee Chaeyeon (221,273)
- Pick Me (Nekkoya) (Korean + Japanese ver.) – Theme song (Miyawaki Sakura Center)
- Rumor – Concept Evaluation (Kim Sihyeon Center)
- To Reach You – Concept Evaluation (Kim Chaewon Center)
- Rollin' Rollin' – Concept Evaluation (Jang Wonyoung Center)
- 1000% – Concept Evaluation (Kim Minju Center)
- See You Again – Concept Evaluation (Wang Yiren Center)
- I AM – Concept Evaluation (Ahn Yujin Center)
- We Together – Finale (Lee Chaeyeon Center)
- Suki ni Nacchaudarou? – Finale (Choi Yena Center)
- Yume wo Miteiru Aida (Korean + Japanese ver.) – Finale
- Team A: Goto Moe, Shinozaki Ayana, Chiba Erii, Miyazaki Miho
- Team K: Ichikawa Manami, Kojima Mako, Muto Tomu, Mogi Shinobu
- Team B: Iwatate Saho, Takahashi Juri, Takeuchi Miyu, Nakanishi Chiyori
- Team 4: Asai Nanami
- Team 8: Oda Erina, Shitao Miu, Nakano Ikumi, Nagano Serika, Honda Hitomi
- AKB48 Kenkyuusei: Sato Minami
- Team N: Umeyama Cocona, Naiki Kokoro
- Team M: Kato Yuuka, Shiroma Miru
- Team BII: Uemura Azusa, Murase Sae
- Team H: Tanaka Miku, Matsuoka Natsumi, Yabuki Nako
- Team KIV: Imada Mina, Miyawaki Sakura, Motomura Aoi
- Team TII: Aramaki Misaki, Kurihara Sae, Tsukiashi Amane, Murakawa Vivian
- Individual Trainees: Park Seoyoung, Park Jinny
- 8D Creative: Kang Hyewon
- A team: Kim Choyeon
- Banana Culture: Kim Nayoung, Kim Dahye
- Blockberry Creative: Go Yujin
- CNC: Kim Dayeon, Kim Yubin, Yoon Eunbin, Lee Yujeong, Hong Yeji
- Collazoo Company: Kim Hyunah
- Cube Entertainment: Han Chowon
- Fave Entertainment: Shin Suhyun
- Fent Entertainment: Kim Doa
- FNC Entertainment: Park Haeyoon, Cho Ahyoung
- HOW Entertainment: Kim Minseo, Wang Ke, Yu Minyoung
- Million Market: Son Eunchae, Cho Sarang
- MMO Entertainment: Won Seoyeon
- MDN17: Park Minju, Park Chanju, Lee Chaejeong
- MNH Entertainment: Lee Haeun
- Pledis Entertainment: Lee Kaeun, Heon Yoonjun
- Rainbow Bridge World (RBW): Na Goeun, Park Jieun
- Starship Entertainment: Ahn Yujin, Jang Wonyoung
- Stone Music Entertainment: Bae Eunyoung, Lee Sian, Jang Gyuri, Jo Yuri
- The Music Works: Yoon Haesol, Choi Soeun
- Urban Works Media: Kim Minju
- Imagine Asia: Kang Damin, Hwang Soyeon
- WM Entertainment: Lee Seunghyun, Lee Chaeyeon, Cho Yongin
- Woollim Entertainment: Kwon Eunbi, Kim Sohee, Kim Suyun, Kim Chaewon
- YGKPlus: Ahn Yewon, Choi Yeonsoo
- Yuehua Entertainment: Kim Sihyun, Wang Yiren, Choi Yena
- ZB Label: Alex Christine
- The songs We Together, Suki ni Nacchau Darou?, Yume wo Miteiru Aida (Korean ver.) and Pick Me (Nekkoya) were released on IZ*ONE's first mini album, COLOR*IZ.
- The following contestants debuted with another group after the show ended:
- Yoon Haesol was part of the group AQUA. Their debut single was called Log In and was released on November 17, 2018. The group has since disbanded.
- Kim Doah is part of the group FANATICS. Before the group's debut, a sub-unit (consisting of Doah and two other members) "FLAVOR" debuted with Milkshake on November 26, 2018. The full group's debut single was called Sunday and was released on August 6, 2019.
- Park Haeyoon is part of the group Cherry Bullet. Their debut single is called Q&A and was released on January 21, 2019.
- Kim Sihyeon and Wang Yiren are part of the group EVERGLOW. Their debut single is called Bon Bon Chocolate and was released on March 18, 2019.
- Takahashi Juri (former AKB48), Kim Suyun and Kim Sohee are part of the group Rocket Punch. Their debut single is called Bim Bam Bum and was released on August 7, 2019.
- Takeuchi Miyu left AKB48 and signed with Mystic Entertainment. Her debut single is called My Type and was released on October 23, 2019.
- Alex Christine debuted as a solo artist under the name AleXa. Her debut single is called Bomb and was released on December 13, 2019.
- Park Jieun and Na Goeun are set to debut with the group PURPLE K!SS. Their debut single is called Ponzona and was released on March 15, 2021.
- The following contestants withdrew from Produce 48 for various reasons: